FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:34 am
eurotexan

Programs: A3*G
Fare Class changing on OT upgrade

I have used OT to upgrade 9 reservations SAS Go to SAS Plus for intra Europe travel. Each time, when a successful upgrade was processed, my Fare Class was changed to Z. As I credit to A3 Miles+Bonus rather than SK Eurobonus, this resulted in 200% mileage earning. All of these upgrades were fully processed and nothing had to be done at the gate. When I checked SAS Manage my Booking, this clearly showed SAS Plus and even additional ticket numbers.

I recently paid for IAD-CPH with OT and was upgraded but not automatically. It had to be done at the gate in IAD-Washington just prior to departure. I asked the gate agent to confirm the Fare Class was changed and she claimed it never changes. I completed travel and as I credit to A3 Miles+Bonus, I only received 100% rather than 200% which I expected based on prior experience.

Now some departments in SAS are claiming "extra miles" are for Eurobonus members and that program only. A supervisor at CPH airport however disagreed and said I was due to have either Y or P Fare Class and that the upgrade wasn't processed correctly. Further one department has said sometimes SAS "does not have time to re-issue tickets" before travel and this is why my Fare Class didn't change to reflect SAS Plus.

Now I'm in a nasty battle trying to get a clear answer on what I'm actually entitled to and if I'm entitled to a different Fare Class, to get those miles retro claimed to credit to A3 Miles+Bonus.

Has anyone similar experience? SAS Customer Care is leaving a lot to be desire both in terms of an efficient response and having their people have a consistent answer.