FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Points Guy: We never accept free flights [merged TPG discussions]
Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:11 pm
Astrophsx

Originally Posted by runfit
There must be some kind of attitude from TPG towards Lucky. Maybe he doesn't like all the press he gets? A recent post about booking the Etihad Apartment H/T BoardingArea - even though the link is to OMAAT. Also, apparently OMAAT is no longer a "friend of TPG" according to the blogroll on the bottom.
Is it Ben's media attention or just the desire to be the top dog or something else?
Apparently there was a recent flight where TPG got drunk in Emirates first class and made a series of posts via social media directed at Lucky. There was also a drunken video of TPG in the shower. All of which were quickly removed... but not quick enough for Dan (from Dan's Deals) to take some screen shots... which he has yet to post.

I don't believe I've seen anything before this about a falling out between the two. I have a feeling all the press Lucky got from the RS article and the attention received after opening up about his sexuality (TPG did the same a few months ago in his comments section with much less attention) brought more competition of who was the more successful blogger. It seems that this was completely one sided, though I could be wrong as I've not seen the screen shots.