FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UX leaves FB and launches its own FFP
View Single Post
Old Nov 26, 2015, 5:05 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Bravo, Air Europa!

I hope we see an exodus from FB now. (Aircalin should surely be next to go). Perhaps then they will realise that they are not the "Award Winning Program" that Freddie tells them.
+1. It is interesting that a number of smaller airline are leaving the both of "stick a finger at your customers" large FFPs either partly or fully. For instance SN, while not formally leaving M&M have been launching their own parallel FFP instead which is more limited but significantly more generous. I hope that the new "SUMA" will be the same and that the likes of RO and KQ will also still let AF and KL sink their FFP on their own. FB is a waste of space and small airlines, perhaps more than large ones, may understand how they need an FFP to retain a loyal customer base when they face genuine competition to/from their hub and can only offer a limited network. Of course, sadly, it could equally be the exact opposite happening with SUMA so I suggest that we wait before drawing any premature conclusion.