FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can a hotel go back on a Your24 approved reservation - Sheraton Zurich
Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:46 pm
Doc Savage
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by flying_geek
The T&Cs that I found are a little unclear on this - so it appears to me that an approved Your24 is somewhat binding:

"v. If the specific room type reserved by an eligible SPG Member is not available upon check-in, the SPG Participating Hotel will honor the confirmed Your24 request by temporarily providing another room and then moving the applicable guests to the reserved room type once available."

I had requested, and got approved - a 2pm checkin at the Sheraton Zurich. This morning I got an email alleging that my reservation has changed, and the Your24 request has been resubmitted - and then a few hours later I got a mail that the request had been denied. I had not touched my reservation - and this feels a lot like the property is trying to get out of an approved request - which given that I was looking at checking in only one hour early shouldn't be that hard to make possible.

Thoughts? Or even better - experience with a situation like this? I sent a mail to my ambassador asking for clarification of the rules.

Always make a copy of your reservation email. I print out to PDF using the CutePDF program. Then you have a "hard copy" to confront the cheaters with.

For only an hour's difference, I'm not sure I'd make much of a stink about it; choose your battles.