FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Points Guy: We never accept free flights [merged TPG discussions]
Old Nov 23, 2015, 8:45 am
Astrophsx

Originally Posted by bthotugigem05
I'm glad he's bringing a video producer onboard The Residence today. His pictures aren't bad by any means but having a professional along will make the content much better I think.
It doesn't look like he is bringing anyone. You have to be joking when you say TPG's photos aren't a bad thing. They are some of the worst ever featured on a travel blog. The photos you are seeing in recent articles were taken by his editor after he contacted the airline and asked to board 15 minutes early and to access the residence to take photos/videos.

I do have to say I did not think TPG would be paying cash for that seat. Kudos to him for being upfront. It is a business expense, but even more than that I can see how this kind of fits right into his feud with Lucky over who has the better blog and who is more successful. To pay out of pocket and state that it is a business expense vs asking your readers to pay for your ticket (because he's doing it for you guys!) when we all know Ben could afford it.....

I have to wonder if TPG thinks that this will go viral like the guy who did the $60,000 trip around the world on points? How else would one justify paying that amount for a ticket other than bragging rights?