FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016
Old Nov 20, 2015, 4:54 pm
Zeeb

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Originally Posted by jrl767
that paradigm may work FOR THE INSTANT CASE, the flight in question ... but who's to say that you're the more valuable customer from a macro (annual revenue) perspective?

further, while your B fare may be DTW-RDU, the other guy's X fare may be NRT-DTW-RDU ... without knowing the actual value of the tickets, you can't (well, shouldn't) make that kind of one-size-fits-all generalization
Also the fare class is often totally random. If they are selling an S fare when I go to buy my ticket then I'm buying an S fare. If they are selling an M fare I'm buying an M fare, as so on. Delta can't incentivize me to buy an M fare when there is an S fare available. Concur wouldn't even show me the M fare. For F I put up with that since they have to make distinctions somewhere. But for C+ it isn't enough of a difference for that to come in to play. Just give me access when I get the tickets.