FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016
Old Nov 20, 2015, 3:12 pm
TWA Fan 1
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by jrl767
this may have been expressed upthread but I'm not scrolling or keyword-searching thru ~1000 posts to find it ... seems to me that C+ is (or is becoming) the new UG "destination seat" ... it would not surprise me at all to eventually see UGs to the front cabin being limited to those pax who PAID REAL MONEY -- not miles, not instruments -- for C+
We don't know yet, but it's a possibility.

Still, as I have written a couple of times, there are some major differences between these C+ "upgrades" and the traditional FC upgrades:
  1. C+ has middle seats on most aircraft. So if elites don't buy the upsells, they face the prospect of being assigned to middle seats.
  2. FC upgrades specify that revenue upgrades may not take precedence over medallion upgrades. That, however, is clearly not the case with C+ upsells, which are available to anybody at booking
  3. We also don't know if, when the C- cabin is full, passengers will be automatically seated in the remaining C+ seats at no cost. I would have a hard time believing DL will allow C+ seats to go empty simply because of this new upsell protocol. So imagine spending money for a C+ seat while the person next to you, a kettle, got it for free because this was the only seat remaining in the Y cabin.