FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asked to leave business class? Compensation?
Old Nov 19, 2015, 10:51 am
yuubah

Programs: Altitude 25k
Angry Asked to leave business class? Compensation?

So my sister, her husband and their 2 kids were travelling overseas on an Air Canada flight from YYC-NRT. His company paid for 3 business class seats, and one child sat on their lap. Around half way through the flight, the kids started crying and making a fuss (yes we know how annoying that can be), so the flight attendant told them they all needed to leave and move to economy. Now I'm not sure exactly how long the kids were crying for, so I can't comment on that. So all 4 of them left their business seats, and spent the rest of the flight in coach.

I think that's completely out of line, is that even allowed? Shouldn't they be compensated for losing their business seats at least?? If you pay $3000 per seat, shouldn't you get a refund if they ask you to leave? They offered them no compensation, no voucher or anything.

I'm worried because we'll be travelling with my kid to visit them next year, and what if my kid starts making a fuss, will we get kicked out of business too? is this a new policy?

*Edit for clarification*
I'll try to clarify some things. 2 adults, 3 year old and a 16 month old. 3 paid seats, and the infant sat on a lap.

Her 3 year old got popcorn crumbs everywhere, dirtied two blankets from spilled water, and candy. crayon was scribbled on a wall, and somehow broke a reclining seat (not sure how that's possible, but with AC quality it was probably already breaking anyway). Baby was crying for about an hour, but calmed down after. Other PAX were complaining they were too disruptive, so they got the boot. it was a very stressful situation for both parents, last thing they needed was to be told move all their stuff to another seat mid flight.

Update: Dec 2
So air Canada has still not replied to my sisters complaint. It's been almost 2 weeks and they haven't even acknowledged her concern. She's tried calling them, but the representatives keep telling her to email her complaint, as that is the only way to let her complaint be heard.

So what is the next step? Going to CBC isn't going to work since they are out of the country. Would posting her concerns in twitter or Facebook generate some response??

It's ridiculous that Air Canada is not addressing this issue.

Last edited by yuubah; Dec 2, 2015 at 9:44 am Reason: clarification