FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JFK - *safe* time to allow to transfer from BA to UA
Old May 10, 2002, 8:25 pm
ozstamps
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
JFK - *safe* time to allow to transfer from BA to UA

Regular JFK users, appreciate a heads up on how time consuming it is to get from whichever Concourse BA uses and the UA one. I am assuming they are some ways apart?

Joh and I redeemed some Qantas miles for a Concorde round trip (not sure if that uses the normal BA gates?) and arrive into JFK at 9.25 am. I just saw on Mileage Run that neat UA $187 deal to Las Vegas r/t via SFO/LAX so have booked that. Better earn some miles to replace the ones we are are "spending". The United flight to LAX departs at 11.45am. I am hoping that will allow ample time, with the heightened customs and security etc - thoughts?

Returning back next day we arrive from SFO into JFK at 6.37 am on a redeye and hopefully in enough time to get the 8.30 am Concorde. Is 2 hours enough?

If I ask BA to check bags from LHR to LAS, and UA from LAS to LHR on the return, will that assist, or just allow more chance for bags to get lost/delayed in the opinions of those here?

Anyone around the BA concourse at either LHR or JFK that wants to catch up let's know and we may be able to smuggle you into the Concorde Lounge for a drink!

------------------
~ Glen ~