FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Destinations with more than just beaches
View Single Post
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:33 am
d20513

Programs: Hilton - Diamond / Marriott - Platinum / SPG - Platinum / Priority Club - Platinum
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Hi All,

Doing some very preliminary legwork on a late winter/early Spring 2016 vaca to the Carribean. Myself, wife, and children 6 and 3. We do love beach time, snorkeling, etc BUT we also like a diverse experience on a 1 week vacation, including some nice local dining, walking/hiking, a little history, shops/stores, etc.

What islands might be a good fit for us? I am definitely going to look into Puerto Rico. I am thinking Jamaica/Bahamas would probably be out based on our likes (correct me if I am off). Any other thoughts?
I do have a load of Hilton pts to burn, also Carlson would be ok. Flying Delta likely due to pts.

Thanks!

Going to watch this thread, as we are on a quest to find some new destinations. Our kids are 3 & 4.

We've actually been to the Hilton in Montego Bay 4 times now, gotta love point stays! This is an all inclusive property, with a lazy river and 2 water slides - kids love it. BUT, you really are restricted to the property. We've also done Cancun and Aruba. People have mixed feelings about Cancun, but we have always felt Safe, and walk everywhere. Aruba is safe and walkable too.

I've heard good things about Barbados, and they have a Hilton too!