FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motion Passed 8-0-1: Amendment to TB Guidelines
Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:08 pm
RichMSN
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by dchristiva
Exactly. "Resort". It's not a starting point. Fail to vote without communicating why or hold a process hostage and I'm going to convey that action to the membership and call you out for it. Because that's what it deserves. TB members have taken on a clearly defined role. We all know what the job entails on the front end. Can't do it? Don't run? Can't do it after you've taken on the job? Resign and let someone else do the job. It's really simple.

There's a huge difference between random snark for no reason and being called on the carpet for shirking one's duty. That's part of being a team. Again, I want to be held to the same standard. If I don't pull my weight, tell me and the membership in no uncertain terms.

I sense that there's a lot of thin skin on the part of some folks running for office this year. What I want to know is, what are the newcomers planning to do if the perceived snark and name calling persist?
There's no thin skin. We had similar issues years ago, addressed them with a motion that we felt solved the problem, and moved on. As a TB member, you can read all that history if you ever need sleep and don't have Ambien handy.

There's quite a difference between thin skin and diplomacy.