FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Population of Various Million Milers
View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:30 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by lovecabo
Back in the 90's everything counted toward MM, including car rentals (minimum 1000 miles per rental), hotels, etc. My first MM was relatively easy, but the second one (where I now sit) took considerably longer due to the tightening up of the rules. I would think there are lots of folks with either one or two MM, but the real road warriors with lots of TPAC and TATL travel no doubt are the ones in the 5-7 range. I personally have never heard or seen anyone with more than 7MM.
Let's not forget that those of us who came from NW didn't have the same opportunities to collect lots and lots of MM miles so easily and cheaply.

In fact, if we're looking at MM status by hub, I suspect that ATL and other PMDL hubs have many more MMers and especially many more multiple MM status (would that be MMMers?) customers compared to PMNW hubs like MSP and DTW. Of course, as time goes on, the differences will become less pronouced due to people moving, dying, leaving for other airlines, etc.