FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New York for NYE
View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:23 am
WildAngel92

New York for NYE

Hi,

My brother and I are travelling from Newcastle to New York to spend a few days over New Years Eve. It's our first time there so wondered if anyone could give us any tips.

We arrive into JFK on the afternoon of 29th December and are hoping to catch the Knicks game that evening as it's the only sports game on during our stay. Is it possible to buy tickets from Stubhub on the day of the game, or will these need to be purchased in advance? There's the worry we might get delayed but also the closer to game day, I'd imagine unsold tickets will reduce in price.

We haven't really planned anything as such in terms of daily itineraries yet, all that's happening for definite is a trip to the Statue of Liberty on the 30th.

I'd love to see Carrie Underwood perform in Times Square on New Years Eve, but really don't fancy standing out in the cold ALL day. We'd like to go to some clubs to celebrate, is there anywhere you'd recommend?

Any suggestions for what to do, or places to go would be much appreciated. We'll be there until 2nd January.