FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fast Track at TLV
View Single Post
Old Nov 9, 2015, 9:32 am
benberg2013
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by ophir_mm
Both did I did not go through "normal" security as we were flying business with HBO. I just went straight to the IB Business counter to get my BP and lounge vouchers and from there headed straight to the HBO line.
That's interesting, because once when trying to use the check-in desks they wouldn't print my boarding pass even with HBO if I'd not passed the security questions and got the yellow sticker. Meaning, to get a desk-printed BP, the general security was needed, and only with OLCI + HBO could I use the HBO security questions line
So I think it goes like this: HBO + OLCI = HBO security questions line. If HBO but no OLCI, or OLCI but checking in luggage, general line for security questions.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

BTW am I correct in understanding that when one flies in business and checks in luggage s/he can still use the "fast track" without having to wait for the security screening there? The proximity of the two lines are not very helpful, anyway.
Before the check-in desks, in areas A, B, C and D, there are a few lines for the security questions, and in each of those areas one of them is designated for "premium passengers". These are for use by Biz pax who are checking in luggage.

(Just 2 points about this: First - I don't know if elite status card holders are eligible for the security questions premium track, but knowing from the regular security fast track prob not.

Second, Why couldn't anyone use these premium lanes for the security questions - anyone could say they are flying business class - you are not expected to carry a copy of your itinerary with you!

ooops, maybe I shouldn't have written that - now those lines will be fuller )