FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York - Times Square South {US-NY}
Old Nov 4, 2015, 3:48 pm
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Geneaudio
Stayed at Doubletree on 36th street 3 Nov on a "by my guest certificate". Staff was very helpful and friendly. Room was clean and quite.

UNFORTUNATELY the room (23rd floor) was really really small. Smaller then the Hampton Inn in the area and possibly the smallest room I've stayed in the US There was barely enough space to move in the room.

If Doubletree is supposed to be a step down from the Hilton Brand this location is a giant fall. Oh and the door to shower open inward. Kind of makes it hard to get in and out.

Granted I am a diamond and did request a room on upper floor and near elevator but this is just too weird. Am I missing something
That's a cookie cutter building. Several of the Manhattan HGIs are built exactly the same, including the one on 35th Street. Same as the new Hyatt Herald Square a few blocks away. The biggest issue I have with those rooms is not the size (yes they're very small, but it's Manhattan), but that you cannot escape the noise from the elevator lobby because all the rooms open directly onto it.