FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bring back boarding music!
View Single Post
Old Nov 4, 2015, 12:15 pm
jaysona

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by lespoir
Guess I really miss boarding/deplaning music. Lately I had a trip to Asia, with four airlines: United, Asiana, ANA, and Air Canada. The boarding musics from all the three airlines fondly reminded me of the good old days, more than sentimental feeling, including flying Air Canada over 10-15 years ago, when ACTV music was played at boarding while I was looking for my economic class seat.

Asiana is using Bach baroque concertos, and ANA seems to use Japanese melodies. I do not particularly enjoy the choices of loud United musics, but still a great nostalgic feeling. I also quite enjoy Lufthansa's lounge music.

Many people do not care about AC boarding music, but I'd love to see Air Canada re-introduce it.
Oh please gawd no!! Would you want to listen to it everyday at least twice a day?

I absolutely despised the music and there were many a day where I wished I had a horribly rusty pointy object to smash my eardrums with. On many occasions I got of the plane and opted to take the next one that would be a smaller plane with no boarding muzak!

The only way I would get on a plane with that gawd awful stuff playing is if pax were permitted to board wearing earphones, then i could listen to my own music and not be subject to the same repetitive stuff over and over again.

I also feel bad for the crew, I would consider having to work in such an environment over and over again to be a form cruel and unusual punishment and to be a hostile work environment.