FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Two iPhone issues that I seek your wisdom on :)
Old Nov 2, 2015, 2:59 pm
cblaisd
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Two iPhone issues that I seek your wisdom on :)

1). Is there any way (or any sort of app) to prioritize which wifi networks the phone connects to? E.g., I have a home network which is always what I want the phone to default to when possible. But where I live, there's also a strong xfinity hotspot (and I am an xfinity internet customer, luck me ) so when I drive up to my house the phone connects to that at some point. But I'd like it to notice that we're now in range of the home network and roll over to that.

2) I had this problem with my iPhone 5 and something must have carried over from the restore to my iPhone 6: When I am on a flight (either United wifi or Gogo) with internet, if I select the plane's wifi network I NEVER get a login page (on my iPad, if I select the plane's network, a screen immediately pops up from the bottom for login credentials). But I get NOTHING on the iPhone. After selecting Gogo/UnitedWifi, I have tried multiple times using Safari and Chrome to go to a website (including connecting to the Gogo url "manually) and simply get a "You're not connected to the Internet" message. I've done the "Forget this network" multiple times, renew lease, etc.

I don't even know where to begin to Google for this!