FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Houston / IAH Admiral's club or other
View Single Post
Old Oct 29, 2015, 1:15 pm
FFlash

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle

AF/KL lounge at IAH is located at Terminal D where AA is at Terminal A. You can go between Terminal A and Terminal D using SkyWay train in secure side of the terminal. However, unless you have a lot of time before the flight I do not think going between Terminal A and Terminal D is worth the trip.

IAH used to be my home airport for two years. I did not go all the way to Terminal D or Terminal E area unless I had more than an hour to kill before my AA flight out of Terminal A. Once I was flying IAH-ORD-LHR as EXP in business class. I got to IAH little early because I had time, went to Terminal D attempted entry to BA lounge and I was politely denied.
I found the SkyWay very easy and fast. I would say it takes you maximum 10 minutes to get from AF/KLM lounge to A gates so it is doable. I was also surprised that you can take that train between international airside and domestic, I am just not used to that in Europe where it is not allowed (passport control ex-EU). And the AF/KLM lounge was not actually bad IMO.
I also asked the BA lounge dragon if they allow OneWorld visitors and she said no, only BA flights, but then corrected that only AA First class international pax are allowed to enter ( does AA have international flights from there really?).