FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Airlines trip in vain - policy, questions, what now? (consolidated)
Old Oct 25, 2015, 2:30 pm
Perche

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by creampuff
I just want to know..... did everybody make it to the bathroom in Denver in time or were there any "accidents"?
No, I'm an older person who keeps an eye on the bathroom, and when to make the last trip before the seat belt sign comes on. I just didn't understand diverting from one hour and five minutes, to land in Denver in one hour. The diversion saved a total of about five minutes. You would think that the pilot would have had some discretion here, and would have just plowed on to SFO.

When we landed at DEN no one could get off the plane or use the bathroom until maintenance came in and fixed it, unless you wanted to claim a trip in vain, or take some other reason for departing without the possibility of reboarding. If anyone was struggling to hold it in the diversion to Denver made everyone hold it in for a few more hours because no one was allowed to leave the plane or to use the bathroom until they fixed it, and that happened hours after we would have landed in SFO.