FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Laptops advice
Thread: Laptops advice
View Single Post
Old Jun 16, 2001, 10:34 am
Andrew Yiu
Company Representative - Air Canada

Thanks all!

I made the decision and brought a IBM T22 900Mhz with a 14" and DVD for $22000 HKG ($4000 CAD which is $1200 CAD cheaper than buying it in Canada). I asked for a US/Canada power cord and they gladly gave one to me and also let me keep the 240V one. They have 3 years worldwide warranty by IBM and 7 days warranty by the store itself which mean I could bring it back for a new one right away if anything happens to it within the 7 days but I am returning to Canada in 4 days so hopefully nothing will happen. I really recommend this store if you need to buy another computer stuff as their price are very competitive and service is great.

I was really impressed by the new Sony Vaio that they have (R505TS) but the screen is too small (12") for me and I've also heard that Sony technical support is horrible. I liked the docking station with the DVD/CDR combo idea though.

Dell has the best deal but the delivery time really turned me off. If I paid that much money for something I expect to have it with couple days at most not couple weeks.

So hopefully this laptop will last me a while!