FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX to Discontinue DOH from 15 Feb 2016
View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2015, 5:31 pm
Kaiser_AU

Programs: KF, VA, QF, AA
Originally Posted by brunos
You cannot be sure that the A332 will have the old slanted seats by looking at the seat map. Most of the A332s have been retrofitted (I think that there are only a couple of slanted-seat ac left and they are unlikely to be sent to HKG).
QR used to have four rows of slanted seats in the J mini-cabin (pitch 60"), they replaced them by three rows of flat seats (pitch 75" or 78", I don't remember) and added a row after the galley. They also reduced the pitch in Y, so the number of Y seats remain the same (some ac even have one more row of Y).
While these J seats are conventional 2x2x2 per row (not private solo seats like on CX or on some of other QR ac)), they have a lot of personal space (wider at the feet and shoulders) and go horizontal.
Thanks for clarifying. Still getting my head around the QR 332 refurbishment but looks like there is only 2 or 3 non refurbished 332's left as you pointed out. The flight time hasn't changed so it still works well for me. No point stressing or speculating as we all know equipment changes will happen despite our best planning. First world problems really - lucky we get to fly at all