FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why does Delta have your loyalty?
View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2015, 11:39 am
soxfanndc

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
so I should say that I AM loyal to DL but I'm certainly not exclusive to DL but the reasons I stay w/ them are many...
...They get me to my destination safely and frequently we are on-time if not early
....IRROPS handling is superb
....SC agents are quite helpful
.....Consistency of the product, particularly in Long-haul J
.....and most importantly, they seem to value my loyalty. No, they don't let me UG a $400 TPAC ticket for free but then again I don't EXPECT them too. they're a business and If I wanted D1 bad enough, I'd buy it but they treat me well. I had a unique month last month in that on three occasions in one month I needed DL to be flexible and in each case they were. I needed:
to change an LUT ticket to later in the day (due to a job interview) and they only charged me the fare difference and waived the change fee
to change a paid J ticket on Alitalia. there was a sched change and they pieced together a routing that was very desirable to me but that they, technically, couldn't even sell but they made it work
to cancel a ticket due to a medical reason and they gave me the full value of it for future use.

I don't try to "game" the system and I don't make a habit of asking for exceptions, but do so only when needed, and not whimsically. All in all, I'm pleased with Delta and at the end of the day, I recognize that they are a business and a for-profit one at that.