FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX to Discontinue DOH from 15 Feb 2016
View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2015, 4:05 am
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Disappointing to see CX lose access to QR's Africa and ME network.
could you elaborate how this impacts me as a passenger? This is most likely just naivite on my part: I don't see how anything will change for me as to how I buy my ticket and what network I have access to.

For example, when I fly to Africa I buy a QR - not CX - ticket. I'veflownthe HKG sector on CX in order to score CX's A330 bed (not the slanty thing on QR's A330s, which I've also flown and am not a fan of), but that was on a QR ticket. Our purchase decision - whether through the website or our travel agent - is made buying QR stock tickets, not CX. They're really cheap.

The only change I'm anticipating is now we cannot fly CX's Cirrus guaranteed flat bed to Doha after they cut service, and we therefore put our fate in QR in hopes (as a J class traveler) they either fly the B787, A350, B777 or upgraded A330s with real beds and not the slanty things. (in reality, we'll probably just fly EK if QR sticks with the slanty beds). To be fair, someone else raised the point that QR's 787s have a very tight economy class so YMMV.