FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM)
Old Oct 18, 2015, 8:06 am
gateguard0

Originally Posted by jerryhung
That was my take too (no more published routing)
but I honestly don't know what to call the "N.A.-IST-Europe 1/2" option if not "published routing"

because MPM sounds weird too and in the case of YYZ-CDG vs. YYZ-IST-CDG (I believe AP.com offers options via IST), it's +73% more miles (3751 vs. 6500!!!)
http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=yyz-cdg,+yyz-ist-cdg

I'd be happy to call it something...
I tried unsuccessfully to find YYZ-IST-CDG routings in a one-way Aeroplan search.

I then used the multi-city search to force an IST connection -- that is, searching YYZ-IST on Day 1, IST-CDG on Day 2 (looking for < 24 hour connections), CDG-YYZ as a dummy return in the future just to get the multi-city search to validate. After selecting the YYZ-IST direct flight, any IST-CDG option with a connection time < 24 hours was greyed out. It only allowed connections > 24 hours, turning the award into Europe 2 with IST as the destination.

Point is that YYZ-IST-CDG does not appear to be a valid routing. For what it's worth, YUL-IST-CDG results are similar.

My guess would be that IST can be included in some [NA Non-Hub --> IST --> Europe 1 Non-Hub] routings, but most [NA Hub --> IST --> Europe 1 Hub] routings don't work anymore. I'd be happy to be wrong though...