FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voting Ended / Motion Passed: Creation of a Smoking Section
Old Oct 14, 2015, 8:25 pm
tom911
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by CMK10
I too want to see answers to the questionnaire but I realize that they're best paired with common sense and numerous other factors.
Yet in recent weeks the questionnaire has not been used at all-- that's what I'm trying to highlight. Why can't the Talk Board be consistent? If that questionnaire still has some value for Talk Board members in the Copa thread, as you indicate it has some value to you, why isn't it posted every time someone asks for a new forum or to close an existing forum? That's my concern. We should not pick and choose which forum requests get a questionnaire requirement. Is it valuable all the time or only valuable when a single Talk Board member decides its valuable and posts it in a thread?

For example, and I've cited these before, the questionnaire was not used in the creation of a smokers forum (I raised that back in June with no Talk Board member response - not a single one answered me when I raised the topic) or for the proposal to close the gambling forum. It was not raised in the discussion to close Travel News until that thread was 3 weeks old.

I just want some consistency. We shouldn't have to flip a coin to decide what forum requests or closure requests get directed to the questionnaire.

When I see new forum requests, should I post the questionnaire as I've done in past years? Who decides what requests get the questionnaire and what requests do not?