FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR
Old Oct 14, 2015, 12:49 pm
Tiroler

I posted my GE processing stats in a wrong thread, so I'll repost here in case it helps anyone:

Applied on 9/26
Conditionally approved on 10/7
Interview at SFO and final approval on 10/8
Received GE card in the mail on 10/13

Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
It's crazy at BOS. I was there a total of about 30-minutes and was the only person that showed up. The whole set up is weird. There's no check-in area, just a hallway you wait in with a locked door that randomly opens every 15-minutes or so. They clearly had several no-shows with it being a holiday, yet the agent was a total tool and wouldn't budge. Extremely frustrating!
When I was originally conditionally approved and started looking for an appointment, the earliest available at SFO was a month from then. I was disappointed, but followed the advice of fellow members and checked the calendar obsessively on the hour. Over the course of that day, quite a few appointments were appearing on a sooner date - goes to show that people do cancel appointments and the live calendar does work. By a stroke of luck, an appointment opened up the next morning and I snatched it. So my advice to you would be to continually check the site.

That all said, I do agree that the processing locations should do better at accepting walk-ins, especially during downtime and for people that are fully prepared with documents in hand. The interview process didn't take more than 3 minutes for me and at a certain point, the center was completely empty because of no shows. Not to mention that there were 4 agents doing nothing but yapping with each other and cracking jokes. A nice young man walked in during that downtime, had all his docs and was hoping to be seen without an appointed time, they turned him around and made his appointment 4 weeks in the future. Ridiculous.