FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Medallion // Hertz Status Benefits Consolidated Thread
Old Oct 14, 2015, 1:29 am
HonoraryOrange

Programs: Delta DDM 720, SPG Unobtainium, CC Adamantium, can I keep bragging now?
Thumbs down

Be careful with Hertz, they're a ....ing disgusting company. Always double and triple check any addons (both on the website on your 'profile' with them and on the receipt before you drive off the late).

On more than one occasion I've had them cram fees on I didn't want - in one case it tripled the cost of a one day rental. To make matters super fun they don't show ANY of these addons throughout the entire checkin process until I was already in car and driving off the lot.

They give you zero costs or receipts or paperwork until you're literally at the exit of the lot, in a running car, ready to drive off. I ended up just driving off (had deadlines to meet) and then fought it once I got back. They refused to back down regardless of how I phrased the absurdity of it to them, luckily (after corporate and social media customer service failed) Amex realized how stupid they were and I did a chargeback.

Crappy crappy crappy crappy company, but usable if you watch very carefully.

So I guess, as usual around here, your mileage may vary. Just always doublecheck everything with them and make sure on their website that everything is set to Declined. They don't give a crap what you say you want when you arrive, they're going to charge you based on whatever settings you have in your hertz.com profile.