FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status of Same-Day Flight Change or Standby AA - US? (consolidated)
Old Oct 12, 2015, 5:47 pm
jerosenberg

Programs: AA Platinum Pro; Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jerosenberg
I have found variations of this same question asked many times, but I have not been able to find an answer. I am AA Platinum and flying the first week of August 2015 on a mixed US AA reservation. Ticketed by US. Flight 1 is operated by US Express (Skywest) and connects to flight 2, which is operated by American Eagle (Mesa). If I want to take an earlier flight (I am okay with either direct or same routing) does anyone know if this falls under AA Same-day Flight Change or US MoveUp (i.e., which program governs since it is a mixed reservation)? Thanks in advance!
Originally Posted by Often1
The US flight is covered by US' MoveUp and AA by AA's SDC. It is the operating carrier's policy which applies to each flight.

For this purpose, the fact that the second segment is on AA is handled no differently than UA or DL operated it.
This does not work so well in practice and there appears to be loopholes. Segment 1 on US and segment 2 on AA. US check-in agent thought she could move me up on both flights to US operated, but was incorrect. I discovered at the connecting airport when the gate agent gave me a stern "no" when I asked her to print my boarding pass. However, I called the AA Platinum desk and they were able to work some magic and get me on the earlier US operated flight. The connecting US agent did not appear thrilled when I asked her to check again and there I was.