FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH CC: one mile for two Euros if not using the [German] CC for business
Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:40 am
Concerto
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
By the way, I also bought the travel insurance package (Reiserücktrittsversicherung) that was offered with the Payback AMEX last year along with 2,000° bonus points. It cost about €230 and seems to cover me for just about anything, but I haven't needed to make a claim so far. This year (August) I called them to renew it (which apparently it would have been if you didn't manually cancel) but I noticed last week that my card hasn't been debited. That's when I got into that tangle with those disinterested call centre people, but they eventually connected me to the right person.

That 'right' person was a bit direct and sharp, but said she would renew it because they had made a mistake, but from the date it ran out (24 August). I have no claims to make in September, but I bet if I had they would have denied it all the way to the second coming. I feel like writing a polite (if I can remain so) complaint about this, saying I think they should offer me the month of September free, i.e. start the insurance later like now. Is it worth it, do you think?