FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aloft Stuttgart, Germany [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Oct 9, 2015, 11:44 am
jpdx
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Aloft Stuttgart, Germany [Master Thread]

I spent a night here last week. Stuttgart was booked fairly solid, with rates at LM approaching EUR300, and aloft approaching EUR200. Thus, 7000 points seemed ok.

It a standard aloft, with minimal Plat recognition (Urban room, coupon for a hot beverage, mediocre breakfast in lieu of points). This is my third aloft (after BKK and KUL), and I'm not sure I could tell them apart. Actually, this one does have one memorable feature: doors are heavy and slam shut with a great deal of noise.

I agree with others that upgrades at LM are hard to come by (I've had suites, but only if using a SNA), and the rooms at aloft are comparable to standard rooms at LM. More modern, even. Breakfast certainly is better at LM, distance to station is virtually the same (10 minute walk to aloft), you get a free water bottle at both. I prefer LM overall (especially because there's a shot at a suite), but this is a decent alternative.

[MOD EDIT] Pre-opening posts can be found at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...22-2015-a.html

Last edited by yosithezet; Jun 29, 2017 at 5:40 am Reason: Master thread created