FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The new Emirates commercial featuring Jennifer Aniston
Old Oct 7, 2015, 1:17 pm
subject2load

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
nk15 : I honestly believe that you really are over-thinking this.

When you talk of the EK advert having 'problems', my hunch is that these 'problems' all pretty much reflect your own pre-existing perception & opinion of EK rather than the likely reaction of the average viewer simply watching the ad for what it is.

You say .... " at best the message is" ....." Fly EK that is at least tolerable, compared to the competition"

Well, the message is certainly a simple one ; but it's much more along the lines of ......

"Fly Emirates and you can enjoy a bed, a refreshing shower, and even unwind at a bar. And you will have a much better journey than with your usual carrier"

I looked at the Korean ads.

Nice enough, but then every airline promises great food & glamour. They were undoubtedly more frothy & fluffy than EK's ad, BUT they didn't say what precisely would be different on a KE flights compared to your 'usual' airline.

"Excellence in flight" they said. Hmm. Nothing new there as far as promises go !

And I did think there was a fair bit of waffle on the voiceover ......

"Experiencing a new level of global connectivity" ..........

"Life on a whole new scale " ...........

I have relatives/contacts who say they want to fly Emirates some day just to try out the showers and the bar on the A380. And the more people become aware of the existence of such facilities, the more are likely to want to enjoy them.

But I don't believe I have ever encountered anyone who say they plan to change airlines so that they can "experience a new level of global connectivity" or enjoy "life on a whole new scale".