FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - F - LHR Ground service
View Single Post
Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:14 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by stevie
Delayed coming into LHR from DUB today - weather the issue.

So bumped onto the later JNB flight in F. All well.

So get to CCR at 7pm:

Can I reschedule the massage for my wife - nope full for rest of night
Can I get a shower - nope unless you wait 40 mins
Can I get a booth in the restaurant part of the CCR - nope it is full
Can I sit beside my wife in F as originally planned - nope unless you ask the person on board to move.
Comair flight I am now in 2E the middle - instead of 1A/1C,
There were quite a few annoying middle duration irrops, the information screens seemed to have defaulted to 2 lines for almost all flights! I hope the rest of your anniversary trip goes well, and my congratulations for passing that milestone.

I was also in the CCR at 19 hrs last night and the restaurant booths - which did not look like they were all taken to me (I was outside on the high tables, Sardinia polo shirt) - and would have opened up within a few minutes. It wasn't that busy. In that list, given the irrops, the poor situation with showers is the only thing which strikes me as indefensible. Even then, a 10-15 minute delay would strike me as reasonable, that happens with Cathay too. This is more about irrops and yesterday's miserable weather, than anything else.