FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA.com glitch with courtesy holds?
View Single Post
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:54 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DCAorBust
I've been trying since yesterday to place a hold on a couple of award seats on AA-operated flights using AA.com. No love. Keeps coming back telling me that "This feature is currently unavailable. Please wait a few moments and try again."

Anyone else experiencing this?
I experienced something different (yet similar) a few weeks ago (on a paid flight, not an award flight). The new Citi AA Plat MC card I wanted to use for my flight didn't arrive by a Thursday (the last day for some good fares some weeks), as (re)promised by Citi, and so I wanted to put it on Hold until Friday after my mail arrived in hopes that I would have that card by then. The first time I tried to book I didn't get a Hold button at all, just the other buttons. Then after futzing with it some, it told me I had timed out, so I had to start all over again. Luckily the second time I got through the process to the payment page, it did have a Hold button, and I was able to Hold until the next day. And I did end up getting the card I wanted to pay with the next day, so it all worked out.

But anyway, yes, the Hold button can be temporarily flaky at times.