FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AVIS - format of EB number
View Single Post
Old Oct 5, 2015, 12:33 pm
WGTN

Originally Posted by urww
Pretty much all set:

1. With AVIS we should provide number in full format with status indicator EBX11111111.
2. Most of prepaid rates do qualify for points earning, however you can never be sure unless you book, pay and give them a call to check.

I assume the best chances to get eligible rate is to book via avisworld/eurobonus. While my personal experience says that even deeeeeeeply discounted AVIS rates (by FlyingBlue AWD, sometimes it gives you close-to-mistaken rates) earned me miles normally either to FB or AA.

Btw great ongoing promo with AVIS: 4,000 EB points for 4+ days rentals booked via avisworld/eurobonus. Am I the only one who enjoy ?
So, had several rentals that should have earned 4.000 points. Booked via avisworld/eurobonus but was only credited 1.000 points. I suspect by using my prefered profile somehow the eurobonus AWD was overwritten with my AMEX AWD (at least the AWD on the invoice looks like an AMEX one, not 100% sure). Anyhow, according to the T&C:

Only valid when your EuroBonus AWD number has been quoted. Your AWD code is located on the back of your card. Your AWD number will automatically be applied when booking via www.avisworld.com/EuroBonus.
I clearly made the booking through the correct channel, otherwise I wouldn't have received 1,000 points (instead of the 500 when not booking through avisworld).

Does anyone have a contact to claim the missing points? Should I reach out to Avis or EB? And does anyone remember the name of the promotion that ran until mid-september and earned 4.000 points for 4+ days?

Thanks!