AVIS - format of EB number

Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF LTP, LH Sen, M Amb
AVIS - format of EB number

Hej! I've never booked a car at AVIS to get points credit to EB (used to credit to AA or FB). What is the correct format of EB number to attach to a reservation to make sure I'll get points automatically? I tried just numbers - system did not accept. Then tried EBGXXXXXX - it swallowed and I got confirmation, but still not sure.

Any suggestion?

Also a question. If I book a prepaid rate (Pay now rate) will I still earn airline miles/points? Or might be there are some restrictions for those types of rates.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:00 pm

I think for Avis it is the full number including prefix (at Sixt only EBxxxxxx, so no status level character).

Pre-paid rate should qualify if it is a regular rate. Important is to book on the Avis webpage or through their call center and not via any 3rd party website which will not qualify. Also some discount codes for special promotions do not qualify.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

fassy, thanks! My own experience with SIXT just contributed to my confusion. I had lots of troubles with crediting points for SIXT rentals until an agent at GOT explained me in what format I should fill in my number (EBXXXXX).

Hopefully my rate will be qualifying. Basically I only use AWD from the back of my card, no PC, no RC. It's curious pricing btw. If I just book at avis.com with AWD number it offers me 197 EUR normal rate (Pay later) which should bring 3500 EB points. If I book via avisworld/eurobonus (should earn 4000 EB points) then I'm offered:
185 EUR Pay Now rate
205 EUR Pay Later rate

I'm pretty much set up so I would go for Pay Now rate, just wanted to be sure about points credit (SIXT doesn't allow mileage accrual on prepaid rates e.g.).
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:16 pm

No guarantees but I think it should credit. Talked to a customer rep at Avis?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fassy
No guarantees but I think it should credit. Talked to a customer rep at Avis?
Not yet. Shot a message in their Chat and still in line (for about an hour so far).
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
I actually always ask the person at the rental desk to triple check and double confirm that my EB number is in. Most of the times this goes pretty well. When it fails it's usually for childish reasons like 'wrong fare class', 'wrong time frame', et cetera.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Pretty much all set:

1. With AVIS we should provide number in full format with status indicator EBX11111111.
2. Most of prepaid rates do qualify for points earning, however you can never be sure unless you book, pay and give them a call to check.

I assume the best chances to get eligible rate is to book via avisworld/eurobonus. While my personal experience says that even deeeeeeeply discounted AVIS rates (by FlyingBlue AWD, sometimes it gives you close-to-mistaken rates) earned me miles normally either to FB or AA.

Btw great ongoing promo with AVIS: 4,000 EB points for 4+ days rentals booked via avisworld/eurobonus. Am I the only one who enjoy ?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by urww
Pretty much all set:

1. With AVIS we should provide number in full format with status indicator EBX11111111.
2. Most of prepaid rates do qualify for points earning, however you can never be sure unless you book, pay and give them a call to check.

I assume the best chances to get eligible rate is to book via avisworld/eurobonus. While my personal experience says that even deeeeeeeply discounted AVIS rates (by FlyingBlue AWD, sometimes it gives you close-to-mistaken rates) earned me miles normally either to FB or AA.

Btw great ongoing promo with AVIS: 4,000 EB points for 4+ days rentals booked via avisworld/eurobonus. Am I the only one who enjoy ?
So, had several rentals that should have earned 4.000 points. Booked via avisworld/eurobonus but was only credited 1.000 points. I suspect by using my prefered profile somehow the eurobonus AWD was overwritten with my AMEX AWD (at least the AWD on the invoice looks like an AMEX one, not 100% sure). Anyhow, according to the T&C:

Only valid when your EuroBonus AWD number has been quoted. Your AWD code is located on the back of your card. Your AWD number will automatically be applied when booking via www.avisworld.com/EuroBonus.
I clearly made the booking through the correct channel, otherwise I wouldn't have received 1,000 points (instead of the 500 when not booking through avisworld).

Does anyone have a contact to claim the missing points? Should I reach out to Avis or EB? And does anyone remember the name of the promotion that ran until mid-september and earned 4.000 points for 4+ days?

Thanks!
Old Oct 5, 2015, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WGTN
Does anyone have a contact to claim the missing points? Should I reach out to Avis or EB? And does anyone remember the name of the promotion that ran until mid-september and earned 4.000 points for 4+ days?
Last summer I took a part in not as generous, but still good promo EB/AVIS and got also only 1000 points for all reservations. I emailed and submitted request via website to AVIS and they credited missing miles pretty quickly.

WGTN, Give me some time and I'll check and let you know what channels I exactly used (need to check mail archive for Jul/Aug 14). I also made screenshots of all T&C of that recent promo (for 4000 points), you can send me you email in PV and I'll forward them to you.

Btw went through some troubles with those pre-paid rentals and EB/promo (agent who knows why cancelled my prepaid reservation booked via avisworld/eurobonus and gave me a car creating a new with lots of follow ups). Will have to submit a claim upon such experience and ask points to be credited manually.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 2:02 am

I've been working with AVIS recently, and when we enter the EB-number in our systems, we write "SK/EBG123456789.

In other words, when booking online you should write the entire number on your card.
Also, in order to receive points, you need to use the EB AWD-code. If you use any other AWD-codes, you wont receive any points.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by enva
Also, in order to receive points, you need to use the EB AWD-code. If you use any other AWD-codes, you wont receive any points.
Wow - no wonder I haven't received EB points for my last AVIS rentals if this is true (all with heavily discounted AWD found on the web - no points despite EB No. registered but I haven't pursued this further with EB).
Old Oct 6, 2015, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Wow - no wonder I haven't received EB points for my last AVIS rentals if this is true (all with heavily discounted AWD found on the web - no points despite EB No. registered but I haven't pursued this further with EB).
This must be recent - I have been doing this and still get my usual 500 pts for every rental.

Try with Avis to see if you can claim your 500 EB points if you bother.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.