FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 777 New Cabins - Deployment Schedule
View Single Post
Old Oct 2, 2015, 4:50 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ellylex
Does flight AF650 have new business class seats?

I looked up seatguru - it shows 4 class cabin and 61 biz.
I looked up AirFrance site - it shows 14 biz.
I called "AirFrance" - Delta staff - they don't know.

How can I find out?

Thanks
Seatguru is not telling you a config for a specific route. It displays the different configurations available for each aircraft type for each airline (and with many mistakes our outdated info). The one you mentioned (4 class, 61J) is just one of the 77W config AF has. Seatguru shows several for AF.
But, answering your question is easy : CUN is served by a 77W in COI config with high density Y cabin and only 14 J seats. And no, those planes don't have the new J seats and will likely never have it. Those aircrafts have the previous version of the J seat (called NEV4 on this forum). It is a very slightly angled seat. It is far from being as nice as the new seat but I always found it comfortable enough for me and always slept well in.
On a satellite note, it's really a shame that the DL agent (representing AF in North America) was not able to give you that kind of basic information. Just another confirmation that they are totally clueless about AF ops.

Last edited by Goldorak; Oct 2, 2015 at 4:58 pm