FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Miles For New Citibank Checking Account [Consolidated]
Old Oct 2, 2015, 3:34 pm
vhrum

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Willbur
Correct, I haven't seen any 1099s issued for Citi sign-up bonuses in AA miles or TYP since 2011.

Just open the account and skip the funding step. You can only fund with CC for your initial funding. Use this form: https://online.citi.com/JRS/popups/ao/CreditCard.pdf

For the Cash Advance, it's really up to how the credit card company treats it. First, make sure you're charging an amount greater than your CA limit. Use either a Citi, BoA, or Barclay card for opening the citigold account. Amex not accepted and Chase will charge as CA and be declined.

There is no spot on the form to put your account number but you just need to write it at the top and fax it in.
Great, thanks so much. I still haven't put a penny in, so I should be good. My only qualm is that my limits are not that high - only on Chase cards do I have a high limit. Maybe I'll request a CLI on Barclays.

Originally Posted by ValueAdd82
So in branch they took the code, checked it against your account and determined that you weren't eligible? But then they gave you a different code (with the same bonus) that didn't require you to be directly targeted?

I opened my account online, as part of that process they gave me a credit card authorization to fax in. No way to contact anyone to ensure it was received. I set my CA limit to $1 on the card I used to fund it, so no chance of it posting as a CA.
It wasn't really clear to me, and I wasn't looking to interrogate them on the matter. They just told me that I couldn't use *that* code, but that they had a different code for me to use as someone who holds the card but was not targeted.

Edit: Just remembered - she explicitly said she saw in the system that I have the Citi AAdvantage card based on my SSN, and also indicated that I wasn't targeted.

Last edited by vhrum; Oct 2, 2015 at 4:16 pm Reason: Clarification