FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok: Which SPG hotel should I choose? [Master Thread]
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:00 pm
geminidreams

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by jpdx

It is often said that Thai hotels are unlikely to discount and instead tend to sit out periods of low occupancy, but I've found in the past that while this may be true on the Thai side, it is often easy to find European travel providers who hold fire sales on the inventory they locked in. In fact, I do see some BRG opportunities on European sites that bring e.g., Grand Hyatt Erawan to $100+, Westin to $85+, or ROS to $90 (for mid-November travel dates). IME, those are not stellar BRG rates for Westin or ROS (the Hyatt, however, is fire sale level), and the hotels I'd actually want to stay at (SGS, W, SR) don't seem to move at all.
Last year for January stays I received excellent BRGs for W, Westin and PA. I have found ROS to be an almost certain BRG, I was searching recently and saw a price 1 day out at $38 for ROS. I would suggest looking at BRGs on breakfast included rates as whilst Im a plat I sometimes find cheaper rates for breakfast included and with the 20% it brings it cheaper than the lowest rates. Perhaps book a flexible rate and wait a few more weeks for deals to appear. I have never seen lower rates for BRGs for the LM, StR or SGS.