FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to MPC announced for 15 Apr 2016
View Single Post
Old Sep 30, 2015, 12:38 am
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
* At 1400 TP, he/she will get two J/F lounge passes.
* At 1600 TP, he/she will get four bookable upgrades, but get to keep the two J/F lounge passes.
* At 1800 TP, he/she can nominate a GO member, plus keeping the four bookable upgrades and two J/F lounge passes.

Is that correct? If not, he/she may as well use the lounge passes before getting to 1600 TP so CX won't take them away, and use the upgrades before nominating a GO friend.
Any idea if the lounge passes are one-offs, or like annual passes which can be reused? I dont quite understand this incentive....I already have lounge access and so do my guests! CX must really think us DMs abuse the lounge when flyinf on other carriers, is that the logic? Or maybe CX is planning to strongly enforce the lounge guest limits going forward? Ie, no extra guests? (They seem to be pretty lenient). Methinks it is not DMs abusing this as much as others, for the simple logic that DMs can bring in two guests...more than anyone else. And as for me using the CX lounges when flying on other carriers, CX is just badly mistaken here...or I just don't represent the average DM. But when I fly SQ I actually have used the SQ lounge, for no other reason than it's a novelty for me. And I can't use the Wing or Pier F anyway when flying on another airline (recent trip on Bangkok Airways comes to mind)...so I frequently avoid, for that last trip I just hung out in the concourse instead of fighting the morning madness in Wing J or Cabin. So this isn't going to really change my behavior.