FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - compensation for a long layover
View Single Post
Old Sep 29, 2015, 6:13 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Zee H
Thank you, really appreciate it.

Unfortunately refund doesn't help since it's three of us who've made all other bookings based on this itinerary. Cost of rebooking is higher now.

Itinerary is :-
4-Nov 10:05PM BA 98 from YYZ to LHR (connection) and then to MAD (BA 510)

Return
Nov 15 11:15AM Iberia 3301 from CMN to MAD (connection); BA4169 from MAD to JFK (connection) and then from JFK to YYZ. They cancelled the JFK->YYZ run, so now want us to take Nov 16 9:45AM flight.

We are actually taking a train from Fez, Morocco to Casablanca just to catch the flight since we couldn't find anything out of Fez.

If I can find another itinerary that takes me there with my friends on the same flight but then I can visit Amsterdam for a couple of days then I'd certainly be willing to pay more.
I'm guessing the MAD-JFK BA flight is a code sghare operated by AA (or IB)?

Imo you're styck. Unfairly, but stuck is stuck.

Not many reasonable and decent accommodations near JFK, AFAIK, but I'd start looking and getting an idea of what's near, has transport, check for better pricing on bidding sites and the like (room for 3 or 4 capacity) and book it at some point you are fairly sure they won't change the schedule - or book cancellable via hotel site. Several hotels exist nearby in South Ozone Park.