FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dormant US airways account (and resulting loss of miles toward million-miler status)
Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:57 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by sosafan
In our case the miles disappeared (as they should). The account was still there. The record of the lifetime miles on US was still there.

And you still haven't offered your opinion of the asymmetry between someone whose miles on US had expired and someone whose miles on AA had expired.

I'm not sure who you are addressing here, but the poster you quoted was giving their first post on this subject. Maybe I'm ranting. I don't think sethb or I called anyone any names.

But flyertalk is an appropriate place to praise goodness, fairness, justice and the American way.
Why should I have an opinion of something I don't know the facts of? If I recall, we have in fact had reports of members who lost their AA lifetime count miles.

If you read up thread, there are rant posts, accusations of members being corporate aplogogist, etc. I don't think I said you did, but it all appears upthread.

I'm afraid you take my comments about these issues, stating that the airlines write t&c that give them one-sided rights, contracts of adhesion, etc. as approval. Stating what they are doesn't state endorsement, or even imply that. If you had read many of my posts over the years, you'd have understood I abhor what the airlines have gotten away with since, at least, the original Warsaw Convention, where the cabal gathered, wrote one sided rules and got the various nations to endorse them. And that I'm one of those who create threads and wikis sharing how members can address IROPS, wrongs, etc. presumably constructively and more effectively.

Blowing off steam on FlyerTalk is a time-honored tradition, but that by itself accomplishes nothing but possible catharsis for some. If anyone wants to try reversing a significant loss of miles, benefits, etc. I'd suggest they've not really done their work until they document the facts and relevant details, put together a dispassionate and somewhat terse letter and FedEx it to Doug Parker's (or Sean Bentel's) office. (Yes, he'll never read it, but an executive assistant may give it a better look over than the group at Customer Relations.)