FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nikon D7100 vs D7200
View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2015, 5:56 am
stockmanjr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
The trite answer might be that if you need to ask the question you should go for the D7100 and as suggested above spend on lenses. The websites suggested above provide an excellent overview of pros and cons of the D7200 over the D7100. I'm not sure it is a question of whether one is better than the other but rather whether the extra features and capability of the 7200 justify the extra cost.

I have a D7100 and have not used the D7200 and as such cannot offer a comparison. I moved to the D7100 from a D90 and the main differences I note with the D7100 are markedly better low light performance and autofocus performance. I am happy with the DX format and enjoy the extra 'reach' provided for wildlife photography and do not see limitations in image quality that make me yearn for an FX body (yet).

I shoot mainly wildlife and landscapes and have not reached any situations where the limits have been the camera rather than me. I would respectfully suggest that the D7100 will be more than good enough at this stage and probably for a good while yet. Probably the bigger question is what lenses will you put on it!
After much discussion I ended up ordering a Refurb D7100 for an excellent price.Debating on the lens between the 18-200 or 16-85.
Cheers
Howie