FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread
Old Sep 18, 2015, 8:35 am
bgriff

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Is there a way to perform the search where they don't include mixed class itineraries? It is very annoying that one leg for example is in F and the other in Y. Why is there so many frequent mixed class availability vs. having the premium class for both legs? Everything I have looked up to South Africa has mixed class awards and can't find anything with the same class for the whole trip.
Are you looking for 2 people? When booking in advance EK seems to release 2 first class award seats consistently on A380 routes, which covers many US routes these days, but only 1 on 777 routes, so a search for 2 people on a routing with an A380 flight connecting to a 777 flight will return a mixed-class option.

It appears that EK's routes to JNB and CPT are currently all 777, which surprised me as I would have guessed JNB at least had some A380 service. But until/unless they do fly the A380 to South Africa, you're very unlikely to find 2 first class seats all the way there unless you book last-minute when they tend to open up more space.

You may be able to find first on an A380 connecting to business on a 777, but unfortunately there's no easy way to get the AS search engine to highlight such options.