FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need 25K EQPs on AA. - Any mileage run suggestions?
Old Sep 16, 2015, 12:48 pm
ARH2

Programs: Delta Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyWell2009
Hey guys, I'm a United 1K member and just decided to do the Executive Platinum challenge with American. That means I'm going to need 25K qualifying points within 90 days. I'd rather knock it out in one mileage run, if possible. And ideally in business class. Although, with the EXP challenge, it's my understanding that you get EXP status immediately and have it during the challenge. So would I get upgraded to business for free on a coach fare?

Not interested in spending 30+ hours in the air in coach so I'd either need to find a way to get upgraded, or just buy a very cheap business fare. Would be willing to spend $2K, but would like to spend less, if possible.

Any suggestions? I live in the mid west but will be in NYC next week and could depart any NYC airport for this mileage run Sep 26 through Oct 1. That would be ideal. Although if no deals departing those dates, I could always fly to a major airport at a later date, just within 90 days so I do it within the challenge window.

Also, how the heck do you guys find these amazing deals? Seems like there's a TON of moving pieces and variables with checking tons of different departing and arriving airports, varying dates, and fare codes. Are there special tools or resources you guys use?

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE! ^^^
Hi all,

Thanks for starting this Flywell. Im a long time Delta Diamond Medallion and in the same boat with the EP challenge. Would love to hear your suggestions as well. I don't have as many constraints as far as travel time but looking to keep within the same budget.

Thanks!