FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] DL: MIA-PEK ~$1842ai (Business) (other AA hubs available)
Old Sep 16, 2015, 10:38 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by albert436
Thanks WT. Speaking of positioning and the train, a friend learned he can park at the train station in Solana Beach and leave his car there for free if he is taking the train/bus combo to LAX. (I wouldn't necessarily want to leave my car there but they do have security.)

"The Asian gateway city" means any city through which you can manage to book your flight, so long as it ends up in PEK ? I think I get it. For me not so much as a need, but a way to see two different places on one faraway vacation journey. You could have a stopover each way, so could the stopovers be in different gateway cities, eg. NRT and HGK or SIN ?

Really interesting.

I read a three part tutorial on ITA yesterday. I actually understand about 82% of it. I'm just wondering if people are using brute force trial and error to find these fares, or are they coming across them by accident ?

Thanks !

:-::-::-::-::-:
That was a five star reply and seriously I do appreciate it.
AFAIK you can do the stopover along a legal routing, which would normally be up to one (different or the same) in each direction, for instance ICN and NRT. However, if you must fly DL metal, this would limit the choices, probably to nothing, since IIRC DL no longer even operates NRT-PEK. SIN would probably not be allowed; HKG is probably OK using CZ or MU flights if they can be part of an itinerary on this fare.

Asian gateway probably means a DL or partner hub for SkyTeam flights in Asia.