FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need 25K EQPs on AA. - Any mileage run suggestions?
Old Sep 16, 2015, 1:16 am
FlyWell2009

Exclamation Need 25K EQPs on AA. - Any mileage run suggestions?

Hey guys, I'm a United 1K and decided to do the AA EXP match challenge. So I'm going to need 25K EQPs within 90 days. Spent about 4 hours (!!) searching fares last night and the absolute best I found was this flight.

Would cost $2,175 and give me 24,747 EQPs. But ACTUALLY, because of AA's current promotion that gives 0.5 bonus EQPs for flying in discounted First or Business, that roundtrip flight would give me 33,060 EQPs! Way more than I actually need!

If I could find a roundtrip flight in R,D,A,I,P that was 12,500 miles roundtrip for less than $2,175, that's all I would need. Or a flight in J or F that was at least 8,334 miles roundtrip (but I suspect a J or F fare code is going to cost a lot more than $2K for an 8,000 mile roundtrip). Not interested in an economy ticket to some place like Beijing because I have zero interest in sitting in a coach sit for two 15 hour flights. :P Economy to central america could work since AA upgrades EXP on legs to central america. Of course, would rather just buy a biz class ticket for an excellent price and be assured I’m not sitting in economy for a long-haul.

Any suggestions? Also, what tools do you guys use? Seems like SkyPicker would be BRILLIANT and save so much time searching for mileage runs, if only it would allow you to search by airline (and even better, by ticket code!).

I would IMMENSELY appreciate it if someone could find me a roundtrip flight I could book sometime within the next 90 days that would allow me to earn 25K EQPs for less than $2K.

THANKS IN ADVANCE! ^

EDIT: I'll be in NYC next week and before going home, I could do this mileage run if there are any amazing deals in business or first class out of a NYC airport on or shortly after September 26.

Last edited by FlyWell2009; Sep 17, 2015 at 1:28 am