FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] DL: MIA-PEK ~$1842ai (Business) (other AA hubs available)
Old Sep 15, 2015, 7:53 pm
albert436

cf would you mind explaining to a noob, why is it so desirable for UA to match this fare ? Is it because that is the airline with which you usually accumulate miles ? Or because you live in or close by to one of their hubs ? Or are the UA planes or business class better ?

Just wondering. For me, since I am in SAN, I would probably try to figure out how to get over to PHX for this great deal, although of course SAN or LAX would be more convenient.

Seems like a great price. I'm headed to Hong Kong a year from now for a conference and so if there is a nice fare nearby I might take it, if there is some way to work it in.

Another question, how might the stopovers work on this ? Would one route the trip through other cities to which DL flies, then ultimately wind up in PEK ? What I'm asking is if someone wanted to make an interesting vacation out of this and to visit say Japan or Hawaii, or Singapore etc., would those stopover rules make it somehow possible to do that ?

I know, those are total noob questions and I'm a little embarrassed to be asking, but I know if I don't ask I for sure will not get an answer !

So thanks !

:-:^