FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discover 10% Cashback Bonus in-store through 2015 when using Apple Pay, up to $10k
Old Sep 14, 2015, 2:55 pm
Mamibear

What if they turn around and say credit card purchases are not allowed. You jump through so many hassles to spend 20K, only to be told your purchases weren't eligible.

Instead of spending our time and resources on 20K on this account, we might be better of doing multiple 2K, 3K offers and earn about the same dollars. What do you all think?

Also there is a chance that WG won't allow Gift card purchases by apple pay.
I'd say everything is possible when doing MS. One thing that we all have to deal with is YMMV, i.e., what works for us may not work for others and vice versa. While it may be easy for me to MS in gas stations, grocery stores and drugstores, it's not the case for others. as many have said in the past, MS success or failure depends highly on one's location and I have to agree with this based on my experiences MSing in different regions. We are the best judge of how it is to MS in our area, it's up to us to take the challenges and keep on going. There are those who can't MS at the stores so they MS in their jammies via prepaid card reloads.

while CCs can revise their terms any moment, I don't expect Discover to do this based on my experience with them but of course, I can be wrong. With that said, I'm confident when I enroll for their offers that they I'll be getting what I signed up for once I fulfill requirements. I've done several of their spend X amount per month x 5 months, get back Y CB. I simply used the card to load my reloadables and after the 5th month, my CB posted and I redeemed it via ACH transfer to my bank.

therefore, no one else but us will decide if this one is worth doing based on situations we're in. I think anyone can MS as much or as little as they want; everyone can do their own thing and succeed as long as they know what they're doing.