FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}
Old Sep 11, 2015, 9:03 am
JBord

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JC5280

United has stepped it up a bit. The new options are healthier than the last ones, and if you are expecting prime rib carving stations, well, you are traveling in the wrong country.
This is one of the very very few positive changes UA has made in the last 3.5 years. I don't understand why people won't give them credit for improving the food in the clubs.

Sure, eggs are only on weekdays, oatmeal only during early hours, and salami is elusive at best. But it wasn't so long ago that there was a 0% chance that any of these would show up (well, they had oatmeal at ORD sometimes).

It's almost as if people's expectations somehow were set to high, and can't appreciate the improvement.

Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
I will join those wishing that if the UCs are going to advertise something, they'd ensure that it's readily available. I arrived at the BOS UC at 8:15am last week fairly hungry and searched in vain for hard-boiled eggs or oatmeal.

No luck, the staff told me: the eggs were all gone and the oatmeal is only available every day from 6-8.
I agree. I don't understand the reasons behind it. New restaurants tend to have issues with service and inventory for a couple months until they get into a rhythm. I can't tell if this is similar as they work through the rollout, or if it's just going to be inconsistent. Taking away breakfast at 8 am is certainly odd, especially for people with early morning connections who want to use the club for a couple hours.

I, for one, have never seen the salami. I'm sure it exists. I've decided not to renew my membership when it's up in February, due to the price increase, so it's something of a quest to find it in the next few months.