FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Current QR Sale Fares
View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:49 am
CmonMunster

Programs: BAEC Silver/OWS, Alitalia Freccia Alata/ST Elite Plus, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
QR run sales almost weekly, so do not feel disappointed that you missed this weeks one.

In terms of departure points, LHR is always more expensive (in J) than those within mainland Europe.

With regards to the cheapest starting points, I would advise ARN, AMS, CPH, and sometimes OSL. Flights departing from those cities, use the 787-8 which means you will benefit from an excellent J product. Additionally, as QR are keen to drum up business from those cities, the flights are very well timed for connecting flights to Asia and Australia. You won't usually have to wait longer than a couple of hours - but be aware that the flights with the shortest connecting times, sell out quickly (meaning the fares in the lowest J bracket disappear)

Unlike BA, departing ex-DUB is not particularly beneficial and so I would not recommend it.

One further thing to note with QR, is that ITA is not the best tool to use. I would recommend either Expedia (which allows you to see the available seats before booking) or the QR website (not great for multicity).

Hope the above helps.
Cheers msm2000uk, I knew I'd get more than I'd bargained for by picking the brains of lads on FT